The BBKA exists to promote and further the craft of beekeeping and to advance the education of the public in the importance of bees in the environment. It provides information to help you learn about bees in lots of different ways:
- This part of the website gives some introductory information for people thinking about keeping bees.
- If you are looking for a training course on keeping bees look at ARK or our section News and Events / Upcoming Events and Training Courses
- The BBKA operates a system of assessments and qualifications, both practical and theoretical, for everyone from children to experts. There is a correspondence course service linked to these.
- We provide learning material for teachers and children. Some of this is on this site and much more material for teachers (linked to KS1 and KS2) can be obtained from the BBKA as a CD - see here...
- We provide resources for local beekeeping associations to help them teach beekeepers at all levels - the 'Course in a Case' series. As part of this, we are expanding our online learning resources for students.