Advanced Husbandry Certificate
So, it is 2 or more years since you gained the General Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry and you want to pass on your knowledge.
Open only to those who have passed the General Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry. This assessment is designed for beekeepers aspiring to lecture and demonstrate the craft of beekeeping to others. The Assessment will be conducted at a suitable location and will consist of the following tasks:
- Manipulation of one or more colonies as required by the Assessor
- Short presentation on a practical topic to a small audience
- Demonstration of dissection for acarine and nosema analysis
- Discussion and practical on methods of queen rearing
- Discussion on other aspects of beekeeping as given in the syllabus
To apply for the assessment, complete the Application Form and send it with the Fee to your Area Examination Secretary or if an individual member, direct to the National Beekeeping Centre at Stoneleigh.
The BBKA Examination Secretary will contact you with the assessment details.